marmelade

 Grapefruit marmelade Recipe:

The scooped out shell of half a grapefruit what I ate for brekky

Enough water to stop it burning to the bottom

About a cup of sugar


Simmer on low heat till the peels get really soft (for as long as you can be bothered)

Add sugar

Simmer again on low heat until peel is translucent and whatever you’re stirring it with comes out coated.


The important thing is the jar:

Boil it in hot water (or if you’re lazy, pour hot water onto it and leave it for a bit. Not as sterile)

Sit the empty jar in boiling water when you’re spooning the marmelade in. Otherwise it breaks. Trust me on this.


Orange marmalade (small batch- I gave all my jars to mum)


2 oranges

About 2 and a half or three cups sugar


Follow the above instructions 

My rule with jam is add as little water as possible.

In this case, I added so little that it was probably going to form a candied lump. 

I added boiling water to the jar at the end to fill it out. Let's see if it sets.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

dumpling soup

scones 2

hommus